Saturday, 17 September 2011
I've received my proof-copy of the paperback from Lulu.com and some modifications are required. The font is far too small, so I've had to resize that. Then there's the gap between the text and the top of the page, so I've removed the header and resized it. Then I decided to have a read-through. I cannot believe how many errors I must have missed when I did the earlier edit. It just goes to show how the mind sees what it expects to see. So, now I'm correcting all of the errors - simple things, such as closing speech marks on a line of dialogue or a missing comma - embarrassing. I feel terrible about the kindle copies that I've already sold - luckily it hasn't been the amount I would have initially hoped to have (every cloud and all that). Back to it - have to read through the whole piece. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with the quality of what Lulu have produced.