Saturday 29 October 2011

WOW...MY SECOND NOVEL IS FINISHED

I haven't posted for a while, but that's because I've been finishing my second novel, 'Barren Endeavour,'  I can't remember when I started writing it, but I think it's taken me somewhere just over two years.  After a proofread and a re-write, I've updated the blog pages with the appropriate links and it is now available for sale on kindle, paperback and hardback.  I'm looking forwards to finding out what people think and I'll write more about it in due course.


Now, what's next?



"When you can't run away from your secrets, sometimes the only other choice is to run after them"

In the midst of the Great Depression, a man travels east whilst the desperate many travel west in search of the elusive employment that the Promised Land could bring. It is 1934 and Jack Gray, family man and farmer from Nebraska, has embarked upon a compelling trek across the states with New York City being his destination.

A drifter looking for work on Jack's farm has mistakenly identified Jack as a gangster from the Big Apple that had mysteriously disappeared years earlier, leaving furious enemies baying for blood.  However, the transient flees before being convinced that his perception was the wrong one. In the wake of the encounter, Jack's father is forced to reveal the startling family secret that means Jack has to depart in an attempt to intercept the stranger intent on leading a pack of vengeance-craving mobsters back to Jack's home.

Reluctantly leaving his family during the most desperate of times, Jack must rely on his own resilience and the kindness of strangers along his journey, where the horizon is often as remote as his chances of catching the desperate drifter hungry for redemption salvaged from a life in exile.

No comments:

Post a Comment